Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Tampa Liberty School - Carrollwood
Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM - Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 12:00 PM (EDT)
The Tampa Liberty School is a subgroup of the Tampa 912 Project, and is a first of its kind in the Tampa Bay area. We are dedicated to educating, enlightening, and exciting the youth of America as to the fundamental principles and beliefs on which this country was founded -- and to empower them with the knowledge and will to preserve these ideas and liberties for the future. For the fall of 2011, the Tampa Liberty School will be offered at two locations, in Carrollwood and in Brandon.
DATES: Saturdays, October 1 thru 29, 2011
TIMES: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Trinity Presbyterian Church, 14925 North Blvd, Carrollwood
AGES: 6 to 12 years old
QTY: Limited to 40 students
The goal of the school is a follows:
Just as the citizens of the United States of America bear the ultimate responsibility to ensure that liberty persists in our great nation, we also bear the ultimate responsibility to teach the generations that follow us the principles from which liberty flows; and further that they in turn bear that responsibility to teach these principles and responsibilities to their children. Only through diligence can freedom be perpetually maintained over the centuries to come.
The goal in holding the Tampa Liberty School is to encourage our nation's citizens to carry out this responsibility. Tampa Liberty School runs over five Saturdays for 3 hours each day designed to impart the principles of liberty as discovered and implemented by the founders of our county in young Americans ages 6 to 12 years old. The program is presented by a passionate and motivated group of citizens of the Tampa 912 Project to the children of the community.
We want the children to enjoy thoroughly the time they spend with us in school. We also want them to have an experiment that instills in them understanding, appreciation, excitement, and enthusiasm for the liberty we enjoy in America. We attempt to do this by having the children discover the principles of liberty for themselves by experiencing situations both consistent and contrary to those principles.
Some of the main points of emphasis in the Tampa Liberty School include:
- With freedom comes responsibility. Blending freedom and responsibility requires virtuous, moral, and educated citizens.
- We promote principles rather than specific men or political men or political parties since these can be corrupted and disappoint us, whereas fundamental principles are timeless and incorruptible.
- Seek the truth by going to original sources. We go to the founders' own words to understand the intent of their actions and the structure they laid for us. In this spirit, we encourage all involved in Tampa Liberty School to engage in their own quest for the truth.
- The founders' faith in God was fundamental to the founding of our country and the system the provided.
- The ultimate responsibility for maintaining liberty lies with the people. It may be convenient to point blame at our elected officials for infringements that may creep in upon our liberties, but we must recognize that it is up to us (the citizens) to be the guardians of our liberty.
This school is a great opportunity for your children to learn about the founding principles of the United States. All activities are designed to teach while having fun.
When & Where
Tampa Liberty School
The Tampa Liberty School is dedicated to educating, enlightening, and exciting the youth of America to the fundamental principles and beliefs on which this country was founded. Class is limited to 45 students, ages 8 to 12 years old. Hours are from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. This school is a great opportunity for you children to learn about the founding principles of the United States. All activities are designed to teach while having fun.